quarta-feira, julho 04, 2018

Legendary King Crimson Violinist David Cross To Release New Collaborative Album “Crossing The Tracks”



Featuring guest appearances by Sonja Kraushofer, Anne-Marie Hurst, Ofra Haza, Kimberly Freeman, Marion Küchenmeister & Eva O

Los Angeles - Renowned electric violinist David Cross, best known for his work with King Crimson and prolific solo career, presents this new collection of studio recordings featuring a diverse array of styles and moods!

The collaborative album includes both instrumental tracks as well as vocal performances by guest singers Sonja Kraushofer of L'Ame Immortelle, Anne-Marie Hurst of Skeletal Family, acclaimed Israeli singer Ofra Haza, Christian Death vocalist Eva O and more!

"Crossing the Tracks" is an exciting new departure for me. 

Cleopatra Records and producer Jurgen Engler presented me with twelve tracks and gave me free reign to play on all of them, hence 'Crossing the tracks.'

This was an unusual situation for me as I am generally composer/performer/producer, albeit in collaboration with other band members, and I wasn't sure how I would fare as a 'session' player.
However the lure of artistic freedom and a new musical challenge was too strong to resist.

I wanted to stay true to the existing compositions and performances by the other artists and yet create an impact on the music by adding melody, string parts and solos. I surprised myself by having real fun doing this - I just had to play the violin and follow my instincts (leaving those difficult production decisions to Jurgen!). 

I love the cover artwork - heading for the light at the end of the tunnel without getting derailed!

David Cross June 2018

David Cross is currently wrapping up a tour with Italian prog rockers Le Orme and will continue to book performances through 2018!

Track List:
1. White Bird feat. Sonja Kraushofer
2. Kalahari Fantasy
3. For What It's Worth feat. Anne-Marie Hurst
4. Prince Of Darkness
5. Love Me feat. Ofra Haza
6. Into The Oblique
7. The Light Inside Me feat. Kimberly Freeman
8. Shifting Sands
9. Hero Of Kingdom feat. Marion Küchenmeister
10. Hallelujah
11. The Key feat. Ofra Haza
12. Shadows Do Know feat. Eva O

To purchase:

For more information:
Twitter: @DavidCrossMusic

CLEOPATRA RECORDS, Inc.
11041 Santa Monica Blvd #703
Los Angeles CA 90025
-- 
Progressive Rock & Progressive Metal - E-Zine