quarta-feira, junho 13, 2012

Chokhmah release of the track "a nameless hunger".

Chokhmah is a collaborative studio project, involving a lot of musicians from the rock/metal scene in France (Mils, DetoxeD, Veils of Perception, Antropofago, Kalisia...), dedicated to the progressive music.

"a nameless hunger" is the first audio&video effort of the band, entirely accessible for free by following this YouTube link: http://youtu.be/WBYGoLLJfqc

This track, reaching nearly eight minutes over which hung the shadow of genre references (Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Anathema, Opeth, Pink Floyd…), provides a wide overview of the expertise of the musicians, switching from a haunting atmosphere to demonstrations of force, with a palpable emotion and a visible enjoyment from the musicians who took part into the project.

"A nameless hunger" was mixed by David Fantoni (DetoxeD) and mastered by Brett Caldas-Lima at the Tower Studio (Kalisia).
 
"a nameless hunger" lyrics:
(2012 © arnaud sintès)

fill the void inside, feed the strange plan to hide
fear the voice outside, feel the need to collide

I aim the face of people merely amused
and I feel ashamed, they're all so easily abused

there's a dark seed hung deep inside, there's no escape, there's no turning back
the starving is useless and will just leave you faithless
embrace the day of your come back, coz' your power's still intact
open your hands and grab all you can, it's for yourself after all
there's a dark seed hung deep inside, there's no escape, there's no turning back

lost myself out of my thoughts, into a silent space of truth
I drain my faith, tired to have fought this nameless hunger we try to soothe

blind you are, missing what I am inside
hide until it's time, I rest underground

confusing the skyline, I'm laying underneath
trapped around your bruised flesh, I'm waiting for blood
poisoning the mankind, I'm spreading the disease
insufflating power, whispering you're mine now

things running wild and I'm feeling the force,
slowly, I'm going through the perversion of innocence
fears lost in time 'cause I'm hearing the voice shouting,
calling for something that is full of dissonance

there's a dark seed...

slowly, I'm drifting again, I disappear, I'm invisible
sailing through the silence, along the lines of fate
I'm waiting for the moment to arise out of the gaze

I'm fading away into a dark and stinking alley
where the shadows, oh the shadows now show me a way close to your soul
like thundering, I'm falling, embracing all I'm meant to be
and I feel some appeasement when you're in me...
 
More information about Chokhmah on the official website:
http://chokhmah.com/
--
Progressive Rock & Progressive Metal - E-Zine