terça-feira, fevereiro 01, 2011

JEFF GREEN and his new album "JESSICA"

About the Album

My daughter Jessica was still born on 31st May 1996. After 9 months of excitement, anticipation, inspired love and shear pride at the prospect of becoming a father… everything was taken away.

This album was been 11 years in the making and inspired by the daughter I had then immediately lost.

The music may not immediately appeal to everyone. For this I make no apologies. Quite simply I reached into the depths of many of my eclectic influences, Pink Floyd, Rush, Yes, Led Zeppelin, Eagles, Queen, Rick Wakeman, Steve Vai, The Who and of course The Beatles among many others.

The music was written and performed from these influences just as naturally as would have been my influence upon my daughter. I realised from the beginning that I just had to be honest. I was not making a pop record, not setting out to make millions but making this album for two very good reasons:

To tell Jessica's story, and

To make people aware of a very real, yet often ignored, aspect of childbirth

Having said this I want and hope that people find this music enjoyable as it has been written purely from the heart. I would be a liar if I denied the fact that this album has been a very cathartic outlet for my own pain. However in writing this album I have experienced and learned a great deal about both the strength and fragility of life in general…. Something that affects us all.


The album features Mike Stobbie (ex Pallas, John Wetton), Pete Riley (Wetton/Downes Icon, Keith Emerson Band) and Phil Hilborne (the Guitarists Guitarist). It was also mastered by Chris Childs (Thunder, The Union, Don Airey Band)

 You can listen to the complete album online, before you buy!!

The Full Jessica story can be read in the CD Inlay Booklet
http://web.mac.com/jeffrgreen/Jeff_Green/Jessica.html
--
Progressive Rock & Progressive Metal - E-Zine