quinta-feira, janeiro 31, 2013

FOCUS UK TOUR 2013

Three chanses left to see Focus:

Jan 30 London Islington Assembly UK
Jan 31 Swansea The Garage UK
Feb 01 Sevenoaks Stag Theatre UK

Below a few hailing comments....


Peter Marshall 30-01-13 18:34:53

Thijs, I too was at the Bromsgrove gig last night. In my mid-teens - a long time ago - Focus were the band that I listened to more than any other. Your music is timeless... I was drawn to it then, and I've appreciated it so much more as I've aged and have recently entered my fifties. I used to lay awake at night listening to "Hamburger Concerto" and "Moving Waves" - I was a geek before geeks were invented - and knew that it would all make sense some day ! It was lovely meeting you... I work with "closed-off" professional people... but meeting you at last felt like I was meeting a long-lost friend. Music is so powerful.... Best wishes, Peter


Simon Richards 30-01-13 12:06:06

I went to your concert at the Artix in Bromsgrove yesterday. I grew up listening to your music in the 1970's. I'd never have believed it would be possible to see you in a small venue at that time. Thanks for a great concert.


Martin Davies 30-01-13 11:54:03

An excellent concert last night at Bromsgrove Artrix..superb musicianship from each individual member of the band with excellent solos, and fusion/blending together to perform memorable previous items and also new material from the lovely Focus X album.
I have attended the gigs over the last four years at Cardiff The Globe, Cheltenham Town Hall, Porth The Pop Factory, Robin 2 Wolverhampton and last night. Please keep coming back to the UK..as every event is so enjoyable, to hear such great music and instrumental artistry.


Peter Stanbridge 28-01-13 14:59:35

Absolutely fantastic concert at High Wycombe. Thank you for such an extraordinarily vibrant and fresh concert. And wonderful to see Pierre van der Linden live - for me the first time. Genuinely such a brilliant drummer who takes focus music to a new dimension and who was greatly missed post Focus III. Menno played exemplary guitar on the older Focus but has also brought a very sound style for Focus X, brilliant guitar player. Bobby Jacobs was also excellent playing some nice rhythmic subtleties. Finally it was a life ambition for me to see Thijs Van Leer - you are real magic in concert. I love your humor but also your compositions and brilliant playing.

FOCUS PAGE
www.focustheband.com

--
Progressive Rock & Progressive Metal - E-ZINE